It is powered because it has its own amplifier. A powered sub is located lowdown on the floor and outputs very low sound frequency. With that said its output may not be detected properly. If the subwoofer (SW) appears on a warning screen under not detected, turn up the subwoofers volume and run the automatic speaker setup again. If the subwoofer has a built in crossover, an LPF filter switch, set it to off or direct. If you would like more information please refer to your subwoofers owner’s manual.
- "Powerful, spacious & easy-to-use, the Onkyo DP-X1A is at the top of its class" as rated by @TechRadar. Read why @ bit.ly/2fijPo5 12 hours ago
- Here's a sneak peek at what the all-new TX-RZ920 has to offer! youtu.be/3i91tr6Ahjo 1 day ago
- Whether you're into app-based music, on-demand TV or games, the TX-NR676 does it all. Upgrade & save $50 by 9/23/17… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- Coming Soon: Holographic soundstage, immense power and ultimate control...expect it from the TX-RZ920. More info @… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 days ago
- FYI: Here's a firmware update that adds Play-Fi functionality to the newly released CS-N575 & coming soon TX-8260.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 days ago