TX-NR5010- Stunning new flagship model:
• THX® Ultra2 Plus™ Certified
• Massive Toroidal Transformer and Two Separate Transformers for Audio and Video Processing
• Anti-Vibration Construction with Separate Aluminum Side Panels
• VLSC™ (Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry)
• High-Quality HQV® Vida™ VHD1900 Video Processor
• HDMI® Video Upscaling to 4K with Qdeo™ Technology by
• ISF (Imaging Science Foundation) Video Calibration for Optimal Video Performance
• DTS Neo:X™, Audyssey DSX®, and Dolby® Pro Logic® IIz for Expanded Surround Channels
• Input Source Preview with InstaPrevue™ Technology
• Audyssey MultEQ® XT32 for Room Acoustic Correction
• Internet Radio and Cloud Music Streaming Service
Connectivity (Pandora®, Rhapsody, Slacker™, SIRIUS XM
Internet Radio®, Last fm, MP3tunes, Spotify, AUPEO!, vTuner)*1
• Supports Onkyo Remote Apps for iPod touch®/iPhone®*2 and Android Phone*3
• Zone 2 HDMI Output for HD Video in a Second Room
• Digital Crossover Processing Network to Cancel Crossover
*1 Availability of services depends on region. Some services may require a firmware update. Availability of third-party services advertised here is accurate at the time of printing, but may be subject to change without notice. *2 Compatible with iPod touch (3rd generation or later) and iPhone 3GS or later. All models require iOS 4.2 or later. *3 Requires Android OS 2.1 or later
Having issues with the settings on the receivers?
Try doing a factory reset. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR AUDIO & VIDEO ASSIGNMENTS ON THE RECEIVER PLUS YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR SPEAKER CONFIGURATIONS, SPEAKER DISTANCE AND ALL LEVEL CALIBRATION SETTINGS. YOU WILL ALSO LOSE ANY PROGRAMMED RADIO STATIONS IN MEMORY.
To do the reset you need to turn the receiver on, then on the front panel of the receiver press and hold the “CBL/SAT” button while doing that press the “STANDBY/ON” button. You will see the word “Clear” in the display screen and the receiver will go into standby mode. Once the receiver goes into standby mode turn it back on and go through the setup menu for all custom settings.
If you are still experiencing the same issue(s), Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.
Absolute 3D Sound in the iLunar with 6 speakers nestled above a down-firing woofer. With Bluetooth streaming. Niiice.
Anyone have a 4k display yet? We are ready for you! Inside the TX-NR616: this is the chip that upscales to 4K. Marvell Qdeo.
OK, it’s cyber Monday at ShopOnkyo for the entire week!
The firmware update version 1141-0108-0400 is now available for download via USB only.
This update :
1. Improves problem of HDMI video output no longer working
2. Supports Onkyo Remote2 for iOS version: 1.30 or later;
– Adds support audio streaming from iOS device
3. Supports Onkyo Remote for Android version: 1.30 or later;
*it is also necessary to update the App;
4. Adds support of Home Media Function (Samba Server); Playing music files like Apple Lossless via
network/USB becomes possible;
Additional Audio file format
Apple Lossless (.m4a/.mp4/.M4A/.MP4)
– Sampling rates of 8 kHz, 11.025 kHz, 12 kHz, 16 kHz, 22.05 kHz, 24 kHz, 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 64
kHz, 88.2 kHz and 96 kHz are supported.
– Quantization bit: 16 bit, 24 bit
DSD (.dsf or .DSF)
– The sampling rate of 2.8224 MHz is supported.
Dolby True HD (.vr/.mlp/.VR/.MLP)*
– Sampling rates of 48 kHz, 64 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz and 192 kHz are supported.
*Playing Dolby True HD files at rear USB port is not supported.
Limitation of when using UWF-1
1. Only 64 kHz and less sampling rate is supported
2. Dolby TrueHD and DSD is not supported
3. Using rear USB port is not supported